Saturday, September 6, 2008

This is my anniversary

Today would have been the sixth anniversary of making a legal commitment to love and be faithful and blahblahblah to some dood for the rest of my life. As it turned out, he couldn't give me the same.

And I feel fine. No, better than fine.

Today I'm celebrating my commitment to myself. I'm setting new goals, new ambitions, new hopes for the rest of my life. I'm going to go back to school, Monday I will take the first steps on that journey. I'm seeking, ya know? And never will I let *anything* that happened in the past happen again. It's ALL about me, baby.

After I married that guy, standing outside the courthouse letting our families take pictures of us, I started dreaming. But those weren't my dreams, of course. They were diluted, polluted with the toxic ambitions of a person who only seeks to dominate everything and everyone around him.

I'm hoping again. It's quiet, it's peaceful, it's idealistic. But I own that hope and I own my dreams.

Yep, this is my big day once again, but so much better!

No comments: